Approved by joint stock company “Olainfarm”
order document No 220 as of 17 September, 2020 (Annex No. 1)
VIDEO SURVEILLANCE PRIVACY STATEMENT
of joint stock company “Olainfarm”
1. In accordance with Articles 12 and 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter – GDPR) the purpose of the Privacy statement (hereinafter – the Statement) is to provide information regarding video surveillance (hereinafter – Video Surveillance) performed in the object – in the territory and buildings at Rupnicu Street 5, Olaine, Olaine Municipality (hereinafter – the Object).
2. Object is object of increased danger and is visited by a large number of visitors. With regard to the Object, certain security measures, including the restricted access, shall be taken in accordance with the requirements of regulatory enactments. Therefore, it is important to implement effective and proportionate measures regarding security and access to the Object.
3. Within the framework of the provision of Video Surveillance system, activities with information about natural persons are performed – processing of personal data within the meaning of the GDPR. The Statement provides information on the processing of personal data carried out within the framework of Video Surveillance.
4. The terms used in the Statement – “controller”, “processor”, “personal data”, “processing”, “data subject” are used in the meaning as defined in Article 4 of the GDPR.
5. Controller of Video Surveillance – joint stock company “Olainfarm”, registration No. 40003007246 (hereinafter – Company). Contact details of Controller with regards of personal data protection:
5.1. Legal address: Rupnicu street 5, Olaine, Olaine Municipality, LV-2114;
5.2. E-mail address: email@example.com;
5.3. Telephone No.+371 28327856.
The purposes and basis for Video Surveillance
6. Purposes of Video Surveillance in the Object:
6.1. Prevention of presence of an unauthorized person in the Object
6.2. Prevention and detection of industrial accident
6.3. Prevention of the threat to the vital interests (life, health) of persons in the Object
6.4. Prevention, detection or recording of a possible criminal offense, identification of the offender.
7. Video Surveillance for other purposes may be performed and used only if it complies with the provisions of the GDPR regarding the change of the purpose of processing, for example, if the specific processing and its purpose provides regulatory enactments.
8. The basis for Video Surveillance:
8.1. Video Surveillance is necessary for the Company to help it implement the obligations and tasks specified in regulatory enactments, carried out in the public interest – ensuring the safety of the Object and the persons in it, protection of life, health, prevention of a disaster of regional significance;
8.2.The Company carries out Video Surveillance for the protection of its legitimate interests – protection of the rights and property of the Company and other persons legally located in the Object against criminal offenses and ensuring the specified order in the Object.
Extent of Video Surveillance and duration of recordings storage
9. Video Surveillance may be performed in relation to everyone who is in the Object – data subjects within the framework of Video Surveillance are an official, employee, as well as any visitor of the Object. The Video Surveillance system includes the capture and fixation of a visual image. The Video Surveillance system does not make records of sound.
10. Video Surveillance cameras are located in the territory of the Object and in separate rooms of the buildings, for example, in corridors, at the pass checkpoint. Video surveillance is not performed in the office rooms, kitchens, lounges, showers, wardrobe rooms, facilities, medical point and in other similar rooms.
11. Video Surveillance is performed by saving a video recording. The Video Surveillance recording can be stored for up to 30 days from the moment the recording is made. The recording storage period may be extended if necessary to achieve pre-defined Video Surveillance purposes, such as the commencement of an inspection, and the Video Surveillance recording is required as evidence of the realization and completion of the inspection.
Recipients of personal data – subjects who have access right to the Video Surveillance image and recording
12. The video surveillance image can be accessed online and Video Surveillance recording can be obtained by the following categories of recipients:
12.1. An employee or an official of the Company who is responsible for performing the activities within the framework of achieving the purposes of Video Surveillance and who acts in the name, on behalf and under the instructions of the Company.
12.2. Security company, who provides security of the Object and acts in the name and on behalf of the Company as a processor of the Company;
12.3. The service provider of Video Surveillance system maintenance and technical support, who may have access rights as a processor of the Company under the supervision of a responsible employee of the Company;
12.4. Another controller, for example, a state and local government supervisory authority whose competence includes the detection and prevention of industrial accidents or criminal offenses, an insurance service provider, if the provision of a video recording is necessary for the purposes of Video Surveillance, or another controller in cases specified by regulatory enactments.
Rights of the data subject – official / employee, other visitor of the Object
13. Data subject has the following rights:
13.1. Request a copy of the Statement, request additional information, explanations regarding the information included in the Statement and concerning the processing of personal data by the Company, including detailed information about the location of Video Surveillance cameras in the Object;
13.2. Request Company`s confirmation as to whether or not data subject personal data is processed;
13.3. Request from the Company the access to its personal data, indicating in the request the period of time (date, approximate time) and the approximate location in the Object where Video Surveillance of the data subject may have taken place;
13.4. Object the processing of personal data by the Company (for example, against processing carried out on the basis of the legitimate interests of the Company, if the data subject considers that such processing is disproportionate), request the Company to correct, delete or restrict the processing of personal data.
14. Mentioned rights of the data subject in details are regulated in Articles 12 to 21 of the GDPR. These rights are not absolute and its exercise may be restricted, for example, the Company has the right to refuse to stop the processing of personal data if the Company indicates convincingly legitimate reasons for processing that are more important than the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject.
15. In order to exercise his / her rights, the data subject has the right to address the Company a request by sending it to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to the address: Rūpnīcu iela 5, Olaine, Olaines novads, LV-2114, addressing it to joint stock company “Olainfarm”.
16. The activities of the Company regarding the protection of personal data shall be supervised by the Data State Inspectorate. In order to resolve any disagreements or questions as soon as possible, we invite the data subject to contact the Company first. As well as, the data subject has the right to submit a complaint to the Data State Inspectorate (address: Blaumaņa Street 11 / 13-11, Riga, LV-1011; e-mail: email@example.com; phone No. + 371 67223131, website address : www.dvi.gov.lv).
17. The Statement is available at the Company’s pass checkpoint (Rupnicu Street 5, Olaine, Olaine Municipality) and on the website www.olainfarm.com in section “Company” subsection “Responsibility”.
Download: VIDEO SURVEILLANCE PRIVACY STATEMENT.Video surveillance privacy statement